First, I want to congratulate all my peers for graduating college this year! Been a quick and long 4 years!! What a great feeling that must be! I was reading some blogs and some already have pictures posted with their gown/caps on from college.. To tell you the truth, it was a disappointing/sad feeling for me.. It was an honor to graduate high school but my next goal was to graduate college.. I wanted to succeed that next step of accomplishment. I did one year of college and i kept switching around my "major" so i was really wasting time when I was at DMACC although i loved Ankeny. I would move back there if we could.. I really had NO clue what i wanted to do.. Since 5th grade, I wanted to be an O.B. nurse but once college came around, it just didn't feel right anymore and I'm very thankful for that "feeling", I have a complete different lifestyle that theres no way i could be a nurse these days.. During my first year of college, God gave me my answer to what I was made to be for the "rest of my life"... a Mother.. :) I would not trade it in for anything! So for me, being a mom is my "college degree". I must look at it that way as some ppl wish they were in my shoes as they struggle to have a child and as I envy the ones that made it through college. I've always wanted to be a mom, I just had that pressure from my family of going to college to become a "someone", well being a mom is way beyond a "someone", it is a true gift from God.. :)
I pray that You would teach my child the meaning of true friendship. Teach him/her how to be a good friend and make strong, close, lasting relationships. May each of his/her friendships always glorify You.
No comments:
Post a Comment